Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Incomplete

I am alone

on a brown evening

at the end of

another dusty day…

I wish to sleep

but could not sweep

myself to the tiring sway.

Here I see

a solid fume

coming out of

another rusty dawn.

Here I see

a clumsy dusk

setting over the town.

And there it comes

the memory of yours

crawling into my mind..

as I see you

in the cloudy

sky of the northern side.

You open up

a window deep

so deep and dark in heart

that never

I wish to remember

but fail to get you a thwart…

The days long back

when you promised

a love so pure and ripe

come to my eyes

your voice to me

my self begins to melt..

and where you have gone,

now, I know naught,

each phrase is so mis-spelt..

So now I leave

these lines alone

and walk away with weary feet

and my pen and paper shout

why the verse you left incomplete?

-Himadri

No comments: